Deadline: 2 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communication Manager in Islamabad, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Communication Manager will perform the following functions:
- Support to strategy design and development of C4D and Media activities
- Conduct, participate and manage a comprehensive C4D situational analysis that considers social, cultural, communication, economic and political influences.
- Implementation of C4D activities
- Collaborate with, advise and consult partners to design evidence-based strategies and formulate, produce and test materials and organize C4D events and activities to ensure community engagement and participation, maximum outreach, upscale, and impact on behavioral and social change.
- Technical and operational support
- Collaborate with internal CO and RO colleagues to provide expert advice on the development of evidence-based strategies, approaches, policies and the planning of C4D social and resource mobilization initiatives in support of programs and project implementation and delivery of results.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Identify, build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with strategic partners, e.g. academia, research and implementing organizations, media and communication networks, celebrities, journalist, media, all sectors/levels of (socially aware) society and critical audience to reinforce cooperation and/or pursue opportunities for C4D advocacy to promote UNICEF mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness and support Polio Eradication efforts in Pakistan.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Implement innovative practices, approaches and latest technology on multiple media and social/digital platforms for C4D that are appropriate/available for the CO context, Polio eradication efforts and target audience.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University (Master’s or higher) in social and behavioral science (sociology, anthropology, psychology and health education) with emphasis on participatory communication, community development, communication planning, social mobilization, participatory research, and training and impact evaluation of communication interventions.
- University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 10 year’s progressively professional experience in areas of social development program planning, communications and public advocacy and/or related areas at the international and/or large organization, some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required.
- Practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.