Deadline: 6 October 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Urban Development Specialist in Pakistan. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Urban Development Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Ensure key technical, economic, financial, and cross-cutting issues such as environmental and social safeguards (including gender aspects) requirements, are incorporated into projects’ design.
- Contribute to application of innovations and high-level technologies in urban transport sector, with a focus on green vehicle technology, climate change mitigation and adaptation and digital technologies.
- Lead the administration of the urban transport portfolio for CWUW.
- Administer the loan and review the implementation of infrastructure projects. Advise the client on procurement issues.
- Ensure compliance with ADB’s social and environmental safeguards and other requirements.
- Participate in country teams and provide inputs around urban transport issues for Country Partnership Strategy and Country Operations Business Plans.
- Manage and report on the urban transport portfolio in CWRD.
- Participate and support the work of relevant Sector Groups (e.g., Transport and Urban) and in other interdepartmental working groups. Comment on policy papers that have an impact on the preparation and administration of urban development and urban transport projects.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in transport engineering, transport planning, urban and regional planning, urban management, economics or relevant fields.
- Alternatively, University Degree in related fields and at least 5 year’s specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered.
- At least 10 year’s relevant professional experience in urban development with focus on urban transport, and in urban transport project design and administration.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with all types of internal and external clients/stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.