Deadline: 14 March 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social & Behavior Change Communication Specialist (Health) in Islamabad, Pakistan
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social & Behavior Change Communication Specialist (Health) will perform the following functions:
- MNCAH and PHC programme communication programme strategy, plan and implementation for behavioural change
- Design, manage, and facilitate the implementation of programme communication strategy, plan of action and activities for strategic communication and promotion for social and behavioural change in support of country programme delivery.
- MNCAH and PHC Programme communication materials
- Organize the research, development, pre-testing, and production of culturally relevant health communication materials.
- Partnership for social mobilization for MNCAH and PHC
- Develop and enhances strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and other partners in the community and civil society for promotion of participation in social and behavioural changes supportive of programme goals.
- Capacity building support for MNCAH and PHC
- Develop training materials and activities to build capacity for participatory and behaviour change communication.
- Coordination and collaboration with government and partners on COVID 19 Communication related to MNCAH issues
- Collaborate with Chief of C4D to provides effective coordination and technical support to government counterparts and other partners in the development and strategic use of communication for social development skills related to COVID 19 health issues.
- Coordination and collaboration with government and partners working on MNCAH and PHC
- Provide effective coordination and technical support to government counterparts and other partners in the development and strategic use of communication for social development.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s or above) in one of the following fields is required social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations, public health or other related social science.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in areas of social development program planning, communications and development, public advocacy and/or related areas at the international and/or large organization some of which preferably were served in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in related areas in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.