Deadline: 18 March 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Social & Behavior Change Officer (RCCE) in Karachi, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Social & Behavior Change Officer (RCCE) will perform the following functions:
- Coordination, Collaboration and Partnership for RCCE and cross sectoral activities in the province
- Support the Government for smooth functioning of the already established RCCE and cross sectoral coordination mechanisms/taskforce through regular structured meetings to discuss better coordination among partners working on RCCE and multisectoral interventions.
- Design evidence based RCCE/SBC interventions, culturally appropriate communication messages and material giving special attention to children and vulnerable groups living in most deprived communities in priority districts:
- With support from SBC team in Islamabad and M&E colleagues, regularly review and analyse available social data, information from direct observation from the field to assess behavior pattern; link it with surveillance data and use the information to inform RCCE/SBC strategies and plans in collaboration with relevant provincial departments, stakeholders, and other partners.
- Support to implementation of RCCE/SBC activities:
- Provide oversight and technical guidance to roll out the plans of action on RCCE and other emergencies to promote behavioural and social change related to COVID-19, other crisis/emergencies, and cross sectoral interventions.
- Capacity strengthening
- Building onto the existing resources, adapt and or develop training material to build the capacity of Government, partners, health workers and frontline workers on interpersonal communication.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Liaise with CSOs, Government partners and UN agencies to collect, collate, analyse and report data on RCCE/SBC on periodic basis to be shared with the programme specialists in the province and Islamabad Office.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree (Master’s or above) in social and behavioural science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another related technical field is required.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s) in a relevant field combined with 2 additional year’s professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in areas of social development program planning, communications for development and public advocacy, training in interpersonal communication and/or related areas at the international and/or large organization.
- Relevant experience in HIV and experience of working in UN system agency is an asset.
- Experience in the development and management of rapid assessments, formative research, monitoring, and evaluation for communication programmes is an advantage.
- Previous experience in managing outbreak communication would be preferable.
- Fluency in English is required knowledge of local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.