Deadline: 10 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Supply Assistant in Islamabad, Pakistan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Supply Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Draft submissions to Contract Review Committee.
- Maintain supplier database and files with full information, in accordance with UNICEF supply guidelines.
- Receive supply requisitions , ensuring accuracy of specifications of items/services, and confirms availability of funds, obtaining additional information from the programme sections as necessary.
- Monitor assigned requisitions to ensure completion of procurement actions in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to the Programme sections in developing requisitions with the correct required information to enable smooth procurement process.
- Obtain quotations/proposals, issues invitation to bids to approved and listed suppliers, arranges and participates in bid openings with the Contracts Specialist, compiles price tabulations with price ratings and recommendations for order placement, prepares CRC submissions for review by the Senior Supply Associate and finalization by the Contracts Specialist/Chief of Supply.
- Correspond with programme Sections/Field Offices and suppliers on supply and procurement matters.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, with courses/certifications in business administration, supply chain management, procurement or logistics considered as an advantage related to supply chain, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 5 year’s progressively responsible administrative and/or supply-related work experience (procurement, supply or logistics) is required.
- Familiar with UNICEF, UN supply procedures and systems is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.