Deadline: 23 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Jerusalem, State of Palestine.
The Administrative Assistant will assist in ensuring efficient and cost effective administrative support services, providing guidance to administrative staff as well and supporting staff in office administrative assignments.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Develop schedule for Office cleaning and conduct spot-checks to verify cleanliness.
- Facilitate the retention and archiving of documents half annually.
- Upon receiving the approved International travel requests, obtain flight quotations and prepare cost tabulation as per policy.
- Assist with necessary documentation for visas and UNLPs as per requirement.
- Liaise with UNDP to provide visa support letters, UN IDS and Ministry of Foreign Affairs cards for all new staff.
- Assign an inventory number to all assets and inspect to ensure they are all in good working condition.
- Monitor and update inventory list of items in each office/room and ensure copy is prepared and signed by custodian.
- Undertake a physical count in the first half of the year to record all asset movements, changes in Location, obsolete/damaged assets and identify new requirements.
- Identify need for assets/supplies, in liaison with programme and develop a procurement plan.
- Drafts all correspondences with regard to administrative and operations support including individual and institutional requisitions and follow up with concerned sections in Jerusalem and ensure signature and distribution of these correspondences.
Applicants must have-
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- 5 years of experience in administration and accounting, including on the job training in administrative and accounting procedures and systems.
- 5 years of organizing and planning a whole range of administrative and office support work.
- Knowledge and skills in using standard office computer applications.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.