Deadline: 15 November 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Policy Advisor in Palestine. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Policy Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical leadership and managerial support to the office in the area of Public Health and health system strengthening ensuring that the activities in these areas are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Provide technical and policy advice to Ministry of Health and national counterparts to strengthen the national health systems.
- Develop and propose national strategies and policies for implementation through collaboration with the national authorities and recommend health development initiatives in the areas of health systems strengthening, partnership building and improvements in the planning and management of existing Public health systems.
- Oversee and coordinate work plans and budgets for team activities including resource mobilization for the work programme and monitor the implementation of planned activities.
- Coordinate and implement programs for capacity building in the area of Public health, health systems, and the management and financing of the systems.
- Design action plans for implementation and evaluation of sustainable and effective health care financing and service delivery arrangements to support universal coverage.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in health economics, economics, public health, or global health.
- University Degree in public financial management.
- At least 10 year’s progressively responsible professional experience at the national and international levels in health financing, health economics, public health, health system strengthening developing public health and health system capacity and policies/strategies that promote public health areas and strengthen health systems.
- Experience managing diverse teams.
- 2 year’s experience specific in health economics in countries of the Eastern Mediterranean Region.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.