Deadline: 16 December 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Provide logistic and administrative support related to travel and missions and to the organization of meetings and workshop
- Create travel request in Atlas, following up the process from creation to disbursement of DSA´s and closure.
- Request creation of travelers profiles.
- Support the process of obtaining visas for missions.
- Support the organization of workshops and events.
- Support the development of the project annual travel budget.
- Control travel expenditures to update the travel budget.
- Support Project´s procurement processes
- Request creation of Vendors.
- Manage Micro purchases and Direct contracts under 5K processes.
- Support the development of procurement plans including uploading in PROMPT.
- Support other procurement processes including preliminary evaluations, setting interviews, drafting reports, etc.
- Update project´s contracts data base.
- Provide effective support to management of the project, finance and operational matters focusing on achievement of the following results
- Prepare payment requests.
- Follow up requisitions approval process.
- Follow-up on payments, from preparation until disbursement with the finance unit.
- Support preparation and verification of Combined Delivery Reports.
- Support the regular updating of the Project Management Module in ATLAS.
- Support Interns hiring and other recruitment processes.
- Support team members with Cancilleria requests like accreditations, visas, drivers licenses among others.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business administration, or related fields.
- 5 year’s of general experience in administration, finances, and/or logistics and preferably in international organizations, NGOs or related to project implementation.
- Experience working with UNDP projects will be considered an asset.
- Experience providing support to global and disperse teams is an advantage.
- Experience in organizing events and workshops including travel arrangements will be an advantage..
- Experience with public procurement processes is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Nationality of Panama or foreigners with permanent residence and valid work permit.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.