Deadline: 30 January 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of operational and financial management strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
- Ensure financial records are compliance with SOPs, IPSAS and other UNDP Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Provide accounting and finance support to COs and performs Global payroll functions focusing on achievement of the following results
- Proper review/validation of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects.
- Preparation of all types of vouchers; Pay Cycle and payments execution.
- Timely execution of pay cycle run and validation of payment data.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Timely follow up with COs on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Receivables for country offices and ensures that deposits are created and applied on timely manner, and in accordance with guidelines, rules and regulations.
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations in accordance with guidelines, rules and regulations.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in accounting and/or finance.
- University Degree in finance or accounting desirable.
- Part-qualified accountants from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Long-listed candidates will be required to undergo the UNDP Accountancy & Finance Test.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience with Secondary Education or 2 years with Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or financial management, preferably in an international setting.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS required for external candidates.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written and oral).
- Knowledge of any other UN languages is a plus.
- Nationality of Panama.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.