Deadline: 31 January 2021
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Clerk in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Clerk will perform the following functions-
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on the achievement of the following results
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with SOPs, IPSAS and UN/UNDP rules and regulations, policies, strategies and the Internal Control Framework (ICF).
- Provision of inputs to the elaboration of work plans.
- Provide accounting, finance and administrative support, focusing on the achievement of the following results
- Assistance with the proper control of the supporting documents for payments, financial reports, procure-to-pay, record to report, revenue and payment execution.
- Processing of financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, telephone invoices, etc.) and maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures, and potential funding problems.
- Follow-up with clients for information relating to clustered services.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for financial records and documents.
- Ensure proper adherence to Service Level Agreement (SLAs) and contribute to the establishment of a continuous improvement environment.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary Education with specialized certification in accounting and/or finance.
- University Degree in finance or accounting desirable.
- Part-qualified accountants from an internationally accredited institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- 4 year’s with secondary school education or 1 year with a Bachelors’ degree in accounting and/or financial management.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required for external candidates.
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Hands-on experience with CRM, preferably with Oracle CX.
- Hands-on experience with Enterprise Resources Planning systems (ERP), e.g. Oracle Cloud, SAP, PeopleSoft.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish is required.
- Knowledge of any other UN languages is a plus.
- Nationality of Panama.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.