Deadline: 17 August 2016
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Specialist in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Finance Specialist will work in close collaboration with Finance Section HQ, Programme and Operations colleagues, teams at the country level, UNDP staff and Government officials ensuring high performance and efficiency in Finance.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Finance Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Identify areas of risk and providing recommendations and action plans for addressing issues raised as part of the financial risk assessment reviews.
- Anticipate needs, bring solutions and participate in actions to achieve financial targets.
- Monitor financial systems and reports for unusual activities, transactions, investigate anomalies.
- Supervise and assist the RO and Programme Presence Offices with timely completion of their Month-end Instructions Checklist and Year-end Instructions Closure Checklist.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports to SMT, governments and donors as required under the donor agreements and other cost-sharing arrangements.
- Track and report of contributions within the resource mobilization efforts, including pipeline, contracted and overdue and future milestones.
- Manage the pre-audit preparations for financial management of the RO and Programme Presence Offices to be audit ready and complete the pre-audit checklists.
- Conduct training to the Region as part of the training plan or requirement of pre-audit preparations or as otherwise determined by Operations Manager or Chief of Accounts.
- Manage all financial resources of programmes/ projects through planning, guiding, monitoring and controlling of the resources.
- Provide technical support and guidance in planning and set-up of the budgets under UN Women Management/ Development Results Framework.
- Lead and support development projects to ensure effective finance and communication tools are in place and regularly monitored for improvements.
- Perform the Finance Helpdesk function for the region to ensure accurate and timely response to issues and advice requested by Country Offices in conjunction with Finance Section HQ.
- Capture, synthesize and/or codify lessons learned and best practices in the region support and financial management and services.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced (Master’s) University Degree in Finance/Accounting is required.
- Professionally qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of extensive and progressively responsible experience in accounting, financial management and at least 2 years of which should be at the supervisory level, in a large international and/or corporate organization preferably in the UN system and its organizations.
- Experience of IPSAS or IFRS is required.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Cloud, etc).
- Experience in web based management systems and ERP financial systems such as PeopleSoft (Atlas).
- Completion of UN Women Accountancy & Finance Test required.
- Fluency in English and Spanish are required.
- Working knowledge of Portuguese and/or French is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.