Deadline: 9 September 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Panama City, Panama.
The Human Resources Specialist will serve as strategic HR business partner to managers and staff in the client offices, and lead a full range of human resources functions as defined in the scope of the MCSF.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human recourses needs of the client offices and the organization.
- Establish and maintain equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff.
- Opportunities to develop and support capacity among MCSF and client offices’ HR staff, other colleagues and other relevant partners are regularly identified and addressed as appropriate.
- Provide ongoing guidance, interpretation and technical support to management of the client offices in the area of HR management.
- Effectively manage the human and financial resources (budget planning, management and monitoring) of the MCSF and ensure both are optimally utilized.
- Monitor staff/management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve the relations and resolve the issues.
- Ensure active coordination of HR initiatives with other agencies.
- Collaborate with UN/UNICEF HR colleagues in the region, cooperate with partners in the locality, including Government and NGOs to identify and explore the “best practices” in HR area
- In coordination with management and the staff, plan and ensure effective emergency preparedness and rapid responses in case of emergency.
- Advises on adapting the emergency preparedness and response plan as necessary, with particular attention to gender issues that may be expected to intensify during emergencies.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree, (i.e. masters, licenciatura, or equivalent) in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology, Industrial Engineering or a directly-related technical field(s) is required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, at the national and international levels, in Human Resources Management and Staff Development is required.
- Work experience in emergency duty station is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (written & verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.