Deadline: 31 August 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Specialist in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Human Resources Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Operation/Project Centers to support Human Resources practice, promoting a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the region.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical and operational support/guidance on policy application and interpretation.
- Support LCR HR network with processes and system issues and guides them on how to proceed.
- Continually analyses HR network challenges in regard to HR policies and provides input on policy improvement.
- Advise LCR HR network on proper recruitment practices and procedures.
- Ensure full compliance of regional HR activities and requests.
- Act as regional focal point for the people survey and follows up its implementation cycle.
- Guide HR Practitioners on proper procedures and regional SOPs.
- Support selection or placement of personnel for the Regional Office.
- Act as regional focal point for the administration of LCR staff personnel working closely with GSSC to ensure implementation of recruitment, selection, placement, reassignment, separation decisions and other administrative actions.
- Support the pre-clearance officer for ICA submissions to the Local Contracts and Procurement Committee, ensure compliance of the applicable rules and procedures.
- Monitor and track status of HR issues, initiating follow-up action to ensure proper review and timely and effective solution.
- Provide input on the development of procedures and practices that contribute to enhanced and improved HR management.
- Provide input on lessons learnt and good practices in human resources.
- Support mapping Regional Office HR business processes and elaborate/establish internal Standard Operating.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing HR advisory services and/or relevant experience in the human resources area in private or public sector.
- Fluency in written and oral English and Spanish are required.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.