Deadline: 19 July 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring & Evaluation Officer in Panama City, Panama.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Make professional contributions to and provide technical assistance for the planning and establishing the major research, monitoring and evaluation activities in multi-year and annual IMEPs, which is to be reflected in UNDAF M&E Plans.
- Participate in management studies and support/participate in thematic/strategic evaluations to improve development & organizational effectiveness.
- Support and contribute to effectively joint evaluations with developmental partners, including joint evaluation of UNICEF or of multi-partner programs.
- In close consultation with management and liaison with partners, make a professional contribution to the formulation of the IMEPs from a sound results-based programming process and collaborative working relations with partners.
- In a close coordination with partners, ensure that the IMEPs include data collection activities that provide accurate and relevant data on key activities and results, including results for children.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, advanced statistical research required.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional work experience.
- Additional proven successful professional experience of more than 3 years is an asset.
- Developing country work experience (for IP) or fieldwork experience (for NO).
- At least one instance of exposure to emergency programming, including preparedness planning.
- Active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Portuguese) or a local language is an asset.
- Nationality of Panama.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.