Deadline: 25 May 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Analyst in Panama City, Panama. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Programme Analyst will promote and ensure a client-oriented approach in the execution of his/her functions, consistent with UNDP policies, rules and procedures.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate inputs from various stakeholders and partners in the project/programme formulation process.
- Research and compile background resources, such as statistical and historical data, relevant studies, papers and publications and presentations for supporting the proposals.
- Contribute to and provide inputs to chapters of the MPU/Chemicals Unit’s Business Plans, Work Programmes, thematic/sectoral strategies, new partnerships strategies, etc. Undertake the necessary research, compile data, and prepare analysis.
- Support the development of partnerships with the UN Agencies, IFI’s, government institutions, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector, civil society in the specific thematic areas based on strategic goals of Montreal Protocol/Chemicals Unit.
- Analysis and research of information on donors provide inputs for the preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation support the identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, support the overall Unit effort in resource mobilization.
- Assist the LAC Portfolio Manager MPU/Chemicals in liaising clearly, effectively and regularly with counterparts from project partners including bilateral and multilateral partner agencies and country level project teams for project/programme development and implementation.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in the natural sciences, engineering, international development or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in the sustainable development area of which 1 year must be progressively responsible professional experience in implementing programmes and projects in the sectors covered by the Montreal Protocol and / or in the area of Chemicals and Waste, specifically the Stockholm Convention on POPs under the GEF.
- Some experience in UNDP operational procedures (i.e. NEX/NIM) at the national level desirable.
- Some developing country experience.
- Fully proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other word processing and data management software programmes.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, with strong writing and communication skills being essential.
- Fluency in Portuguese an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.