Deadline: 27 October 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Papua New Guinea.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to strategic planning and monitoring of administrative matters as necessary.
- Provide practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with the Chief of Operations.
- Make specific recommendations on the improvement of systems and internal controls, planning, restructuring and resolution of sensitive issues, taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Monitor the administration budget in close coordination with supervisor to ensure that objectives stipulated early in the fiscal year are realized for smooth operations of the office.
- Recommend and prepare estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes.
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective provision of basic office services including space management, equipment, communications and security to enhance staff safety and productivity.
- Support property management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items, serving as ex-officio member to the Property Survey Board where applicable.
- Assist supervisor in Property Survey Board submissions, preparing minutes of meetings.
- Assist supervisor in executing PSB recommendations approved by the Head of Office.
- Monitor and supervise adequate and appropriate use of supplies.
- Ensure that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in business management, public administration, or any other relevant field of discipline.
- 2 years of both national and International work experience in office management, administration, or any other relevant function.
- Experience in an international organization and large corporation is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.