Deadline: 27 October 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Papua New Guinea.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to strategic planning and monitoring of administrative matters as necessary.
- Provide practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with the Chief of Operations.
- Make specific recommendations on the improvement of systems and internal controls, planning, restructuring and resolution of sensitive issues, taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Monitor the administration budget in close coordination with supervisor to ensure that objectives stipulated early in the fiscal year are realized for smooth operations of the office.
- Recommend and prepare estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes.
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective provision of basic office services including space management, equipment, communications and security to enhance staff safety and productivity.
- Support property management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items, serving as ex-officio member to the Property Survey Board where applicable.
- Assist supervisor in Property Survey Board submissions, preparing minutes of meetings.
- Assist supervisor in executing PSB recommendations approved by the Head of Office.
- Monitor and supervise adequate and appropriate use of supplies.
- Ensure that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- University Degree in business management, public administration, or any other relevant field of discipline.
- 2 years of both national and International work experience in office management, administration, or any other relevant function.
- Experience in an international organization and large corporation is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.