Deadline: 27 October 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Officer in Papua New Guinea.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Administrative Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to strategic planning and monitoring of administrative matters as necessary.
- Provide practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with the Chief of Operations.
- Make specific recommendations on the improvement of systems and internal controls, planning, restructuring and resolution of sensitive issues, taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Monitor the administration budget in close coordination with supervisor to ensure that objectives stipulated early in the fiscal year are realized for smooth operations of the office.
- Recommend and prepare estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes.
- Ensure the timely and cost-effective provision of basic office services including space management, equipment, communications and security to enhance staff safety and productivity.
- Support property management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items, serving as ex-officio member to the Property Survey Board where applicable.
- Assist supervisor in Property Survey Board submissions, preparing minutes of meetings.
- Assist supervisor in executing PSB recommendations approved by the Head of Office.
- Monitor and supervise adequate and appropriate use of supplies.
- Ensure that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in business management, public administration, or any other relevant field of discipline.
- 2 years of both national and International work experience in office management, administration, or any other relevant function.
- Experience in an international organization and large corporation is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.