Deadline: 4 October 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of C4D Officer in Papua New Guinea.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The C4D Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to strategy design and development of C4D activities
- Research and/or participate in conducting comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, communication, cultural, economic and political issues in the country/region.
- Support to the implementation of C4D activities
- Collaborate and/or consult with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to research, develop, and produce evidence-based strategies and test, produce and use quality C4D materials, organize events and activities to ensure community engagement and participation, and maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organisations, community groups, leaders and other critical partners in the community and civil society to reinforce cooperation through engagement, empowerment and self determination and to pursue opportunities for greater advocacy to promote UNICEF mission and goals for child rights, social equity and inclusiveness.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Institutionalize/share best practices and knowledge learned/products with global/local partners and stakeholders to build capacity of practitioners/users, and disseminate products to key audiences including partners and donors.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in one or more of the following areas: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy, or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and the local language of the duty station.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.