Deadline: 24 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief WASH in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief WASH will perform the following functions:
- Managerial leadership.
- Programme development and planning.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results.
- Advisory services and technical support.
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building.
- Humanitarian WASH preparedness and response.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in sanitary engineering or another relevant engineering field, public health or other related technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main Degree are required.
- Minimum 8 year’s professional experience in WASH related programmes for developing countries.
- 1 year’s deployment in a developing country.
- At least 1 year’s work in humanitarian situations, including one three-month mission deployment (with UN-Govt-INGO).
- Specific work history and experience dealing with partners and major donors including the EU and World Bank.
- Proven ability to effectively lead a team to deliver results.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of the local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.