Deadline: 16 August 2017
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management Officer in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Financial Management Officer will assist in the areas of financial management, financial control, procurement, reporting, government liaison and administration.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Management Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Prepare updates and forecasts and monitor the progress of assigned projects through project performance reports.
- Monitor the implementation status of projects with respect to compliance with financial covenants, achievement of contract awards and disbursement projections, identify the reasons for shortfalls, and implement solutions to eliminate/reduce shortfalls.
- Identify and analyze financial issues related to project implementation and address them through interaction with the Executing Agency (EA), contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries Prepare internal memoranda for approval including procurement reviews, reallocation of loan/grant proceeds, and changes in project scope and implementation arrangements, as required by ADB project administration instructions.
- Support the preparation of project and TA completion reports, as assigned and support project review and country portfolio review missions.
- Advise mission leaders to communicate with EAs/Implementing Agencies (IAs) and government auditors on further actions based on the summary review finding report.
- Participate in country portfolio review mission and share findings/insights.
- Closely liaison with appropriate Departments/Divisions as the need arises.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, finance, or related field; or Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or related field and at least 5 years experience in a development or multilateral institution.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in the assigned sector, with supervisory experience
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in the assigned sector.
- Experience and knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project/program planning/feasibility analysis/detailed design/project implementation).
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit ADB.