Deadline: 30 July 2018
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Financial Management Specialist in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 5 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Financial Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to review and update ADB’s FM policies, administrative instructions, technical guidelines, and templates (i.e. the project administration manual).
- Contribute to preparation of bi-annual FM retrospective reviews for ADB Management assessing the design and implementation of FM due diligence for ADB loan and/or grant financed projects.
- Prepare and implement a project management plan in conjunction with the GoPNG’s Auditor General’s Office and various local audit firms to ensure audit compliance across the ADB portfolio.
- Assist in providing advice to operations departments on compliance with FM policies, administrative instructions, and technical guidelines in project design and implementation.
- Advise on financial risks to inform the country partnership strategy and the design and implementation of projects and identify appropriate risk mitigation measures.
- Contribute to the development of FM knowledge products including sector/thematic studies and assessments, good practice examples, guidelines, and checklists.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business, Finance, Commerce, or related fields, with a professional designation in accounting (e.g. CPA, CA); University degree in Business, Finance, Commerce or related fields, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in private sector or public sector financial management (i.e. accounting, budgeting, auditing), and financial management assessment of entities or related area.
- Excellent skills in project and/or structured finance and/or multilateral development banking preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in development, Papua New Guinea experience and previous experience in a globally recognized accounting firm is highly valued.
- Proven ability to manage finance teams in the Pacific.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.