Deadline: 27 October 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Papua New Guinea.
The Human Resources Officer will be accountable for managing all human resources activities including the supervision of a human resources assistant in PNG office in accordance with the HR work plan, consistent with the Country Programme Management Plan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the office’s administrative and technical needs for professional officers, general service and temporary staff by implementing and administering effective and speedy recruitment procedures.
- Ensure organizational targets (geographic distribution, gender, etc.) are met while not compromising on the recruitment and retention of national staff of the highest calibre.
- Team with supervisors in the recruitment process to ensure integrity and merit in all selection procedures while supporting the needs of managers and goals of diversity.
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
- Ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions, within-grade increments, and performance evaluations.
- Contribute to the budget preparation and review process through an analysis of staffing pattern and needs of the office.
- Participate in management meetings affecting HR planning and management.
Applicants must have –
- Advance University Degree in Human Resources, social sciences or other relevant disciplines (human resources, business administration, international relations, psychology, etc.) Additional professional training is an advantage.
- 2 years of professional experience in human resources management.
- Experience in an international organization and large corporation is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.