Deadline: 27 October 2017
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Papua New Guinea.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Human Resources Officer will be accountable for managing all human resources activities including the supervision of a human resources assistant in PNG office in accordance with the HR work plan, consistent with the Country Programme Management Plan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Support the office’s administrative and technical needs for professional officers, general service and temporary staff by implementing and administering effective and speedy recruitment procedures.
- Ensure organizational targets (geographic distribution, gender, etc.) are met while not compromising on the recruitment and retention of national staff of the highest calibre.
- Team with supervisors in the recruitment process to ensure integrity and merit in all selection procedures while supporting the needs of managers and goals of diversity.
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
- Ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions, within-grade increments, and performance evaluations.
- Contribute to the budget preparation and review process through an analysis of staffing pattern and needs of the office.
- Participate in management meetings affecting HR planning and management.
Applicants must have –
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Advance University Degree in Human Resources, social sciences or other relevant disciplines (human resources, business administration, international relations, psychology, etc.) Additional professional training is an advantage.
- 2 years of professional experience in human resources management.
- Experience in an international organization and large corporation is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Nationality of Papua New Guinea.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.