Deadline: 5 August 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Infrastructure Specialist in Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Infrastructure Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Strategy and Planning
- Support the development of policies and strategies for a range of infrastructure sectors in PNG, in consultation with relevant government agencies.
- Donor coordination and co-financing
Engage with other multilateral and bilateral donors on policy and regulatory issues.
- Ensure coordination and alignment of ADB programs with other donors.
- Project Preparation and Management
- Coordinate preparation of major projects in key infrastructure sectors, including liaising with other bilateral and multilateral donors as well as the partner government.
- Develop, process and administer loans/grants and TAs in a range of infrastructure sectors, possibly with moderate to high levels of risk and complexity.
- Knowledge Sharing
- Develop and maintain suitable networks within a range of infrastructure and energy sectors to keep abreast of the latest developments and issues.
- Participate in and contribute to relevant internal and external training and conferences and other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building.
- Staff supervision
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicant must have:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, or Business Administration or related fields, or University Degree with at least 5 year’s ADB work experience.
- At least 8 year’s relevant professional experience in the relevant infrastructure sectors(s).
- International experience working in development, preferably in Papua New Guinea.
- Thorough understanding of multilateral bank’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to engage effectively with counterpart governments as well as a range of multilateral and bilateral donors.
- Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills.
- Solid analytical, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.