Deadline: 19 October 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Officer in Papua New Guinea.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Officer will perform the following functions-
- Collect and analyze data for the Situation Analysis on the situation of maternal and child nutrition.
- Participate in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information.
- Analyze programme implementation reports and evaluates in relation to established programme recommendations and plans of action.
- Report the outcome of analyses and proposes corrective actions.
- Draft sound programme budgets for review by the supervisor.
- Undertake ongoing visits to UNICEF project sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors UNICEF inputs.
- Communicate with local counterpart authorities including provincial health advisors, directors on NGOs and CBOs supported by UNICEF on project feasibility and effectiveness, including the flow and utilization of supply and non-supply assistance.
- Undertake follow-up actions on programme implementation activities and prepares reports for UNICEF country programme and joint UN programme report.
- Draft sound programme workplans and joint UN workplan, as required.
- Select and compile training and orientation materials for those involved in Nutrition programme implementation including health facility staff, provincial managers, NGOs and CBOs implementing partners.
- Report to the supervisor and head of the office, detailing the outcome of reviews.
- Attend technical cooperation meetings with the national.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Nutrition, Medicine, Public Health, Social sciences relevant to international development assistance.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience and field experience relevant to Maternal and Child Health and nutrition program.
- Experience of working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset.
- Computer skills in various office applications including internet navigation.
- Fluency in English and Tok Pisin with proven strong written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.