Deadline: 28 June 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Officer in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the social safeguards specialists by monitoring and following-up on the ground with government counterparts on agreed actions for individual operations to support clients in achieving the necessary standards of the World Bank related to safeguard compliance and also reflecting current good practice in terms of social sustainability.
- Support the social safeguard specialists in providing guidance to clients in relation to document preparation and other critical tasks during project preparation and implementation. This will include site visits and regular meetings with clients and task teams.
- Assist with communications including facilitating the clear delivery of messaging between the Bank and the clients.
- Participate in portfolio reviews on selected social risk and social development issues.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and development partners around the social development program.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in relevant economic or social sciences (e.g., Sociology, Anthropology, Economics, Political Science, etc.), and a minimum 5 years of relevant experience working on social development-related areas, including in social risk/safeguards.
- Familiarity with World Bank’s operational instruments, policies, procedures, and systems including social safeguard policies on involuntary resettlement and Indigenous peoples and the Environment and Social Framework highly desirable.
- Demonstrated analytical capacity, through written work and dialogue, of in-depth knowledge of social issues, including social assessment and consultation/participation methodologies, working with vulnerable groups, resettlement, and Indigenous Peoples.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.