Deadline: 4 January 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Environmental Specialist in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Environmental Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Work closely with the Safeguards Focal Point in Sydney, Australia who is responsible for assigning safeguards tasks and ensuring quality of the safeguards work in the Pacific Region and Papua New Guinea.
- Ensure the effective integration of environmental due diligence as defined by World Bank Group Environmental and Social Management Framework, safeguards policies as well as international good practice documents (e.g. Equator Principles) into the design, appraisal and implementation of WBG supported projects (environmental lending portfolio and analytical work).
- Provide expert advice to client and counterpart organizations, project teams and WBG management with regard to the preparation of environmental impact assessments, including regional, strategic and cumulative assessments; environmental management frameworks and plans, including plan for monitoring, reporting and evaluation; public consultation plans; and specific plans related to natural habitats conservation, natural resource management, pest management, forest management, dam safety and international waterways management; such advice will be based on thorough analysis of baseline conditions, project scope and impacts, requirements from national legal and institutional frameworks and, and compliance with the WBG’s operational policies.
Applicants must have-
- An experienced Bank Staff member who is well integrated into the Bank’s global safeguards network, and has a well calibrated view of how the Bank’s safeguards policies are applied internationally.
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) in environmental engineering, civil engineering, environmental science or related field, with a strong preference for candidates with good technical training and practical experience in engineering, and experience in environmental risk management related to large scale civil engineering or industrial engineering projects, pollution management, solid waste management, soil, water and groundwater remediation and clean-up, or coastal zone management.
- Minimum 8 years of full-time relevant professional experience in the environment engineering or environmental management sector is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.