Deadline: 31 May 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the management of the UNOPS LFA team in Papua New Guinea and for the quality of all deliverables submitted to the Global Fund.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader will perform the following functions-
- Supervise and closely monitor the work of UNOPS LFA country team.
- Ensure the allocation of tasks within the teams and the involvement of the appropriate expertise.
- Ensure that all teamwork, including inputs of all technical experts, is of high quality and completed within the timeframe, and as per guidelines set by the donor.
- Hold regular LFA team meetings and promote teamwork and enthusiasm among team members for the provision of services to the donor.
- Lead and guide, troubleshoot and advise the team on remedial actions to be taken.
- Ensure completion of the performance management process for the team.
- Provide development opportunities for the team members.
- Ensure that adequate working environment is maintained for the UNOPS teams, including the provision of logistical and administrative support.
- Develop the annual scope of work, cost proposal and the consequent annual work plan of team activities.
- Maintain updated schedule of time worked by all team members in each technical area.
- Foster an atmosphere of team spirit, mutual respect and professional independence within the teams.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other relevant discipline is required.
- Internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (CA/CMA/CPA/ICMA/ACCA, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Tok Pisin or Hiri Motu is desirable.
- Experience in financial accounting, with the ability to review and analyze accounting transactions.
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating budgets.
- Experience with financial management systems, with the ability to review and assess internal controls and financial processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Skills in at least one of the following technical areas: financial management, health program management, procurement and supply chain management, or monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with larger donors in the area of health is an advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.