Deadline: 13 June 2016
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Manager in Asuncion, Paraguay. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the life cycle of projects.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Establish strong working relationships with the Representative of UNOPS, human resources office, partners, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Manage communication and ensure that interested parties are aware of the activities, progress and exceptions of the project, and are in a position to accept the agreed products.
- Advise partners on issues that may affect the achievement of expected results, including aspects of sustainability and post-project as maintenance requirements.
- Manage information flows between UNOPS and projects under their responsibility.
- Implement approved plans, including setting milestones within the tolerances defined by the Committees for projects.
- Manage production of products ordered, assuming responsibility for the overall progress and use of resources, and incorporating corrective measures necessary.
- Actively interact with other project managers and the project management community in order to share case studies, lessons learned and best practices.
- Lead and motivate the team project management.
- Ensure the expected attitude of the team members is established.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in engineering, economics, agronomy, Project Management, Business Administration or other relevant discipline.
- High school more additional years of experience can replace the university degree requirement.
- 7 years of progressive experience in development and project management in the public or private sector.
- Good spoken and written communication in Spanish.
- Good spoken and written communication in English language desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.