Deadline: 13 January 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Administration Associate in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Administration Associate will be responsible to act jointly with the other members of the secretariat and ensure that the process, scheduling and flow of information on contracts under review is timely and consistent with the established process and procedures.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administration Associate will perform the following functions-
- Corporate function and services
- Positive, patient, constructive communication with members, submitting officers and other stakeholders.
- Positive contribution to teamwork and collaboration with members and CPC team.
- Review Board Meetings
- Arrange and coordinate Committee meetings.
- Establish the Committee agenda in cooperation with the Chair.
- Review submissions prior to Committee meetings, and if necessary request clarifications, and/or additional information from submitting officers.
- Ensure timely and efficient distribution of submissions and relevant documentation to the participating Committee members.
- Review Board Documentation
- Attend Committee meetings and note the panel’s discussions.
- After each meeting, communicate any queries from the Committee to submitting officers and follow up as required.
- Prepare and distribute a draft of the official minutes and recommendations of the meetings and obtain clearance of this document by a majority of participating Committee members.
- Follow up clearance by all participating members; promptly forward these to the Chair for her/his actions.
- Ensure the maintenance of a permanent record of all Committee minutes/recommendations and submissions reviewed by the Committee.
- Prepare Committee-related correspondence, including answering queries from the Secretaries of the regional Contracts and Property Committees.
- Knowledge Management
- Compile statistics on submissions as requested.
- Maintain the HQCPC intranet page as requested.
- Input and update accurate data and information to institutionalize and disseminate knowledge.
- Use technology, electronic systems and tools to initiate work, share information with colleagues.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize these productively.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of Secondary School or equivalent is required.
- First-Level University Degree (Bachelor’s Degree) is desirable but not required, and may compensate for some of the required years of experience.
- With a high school degree 6 year’s of experience in general administrative, logistics, or operations’ support services in national or international public or corporate organizations are required.
- Good understanding of UNOPS, its role and mandates preferably with associated field experience.
- Full working knowledge of English, including excellent drafting and editing skills.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.