Deadline: 4 August 2019
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Peace and Development Specialist in Lome, Togo. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Peace and Development Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Assist with research, information gathering and analysis, with a focus on supporting and promoting peacebuilding and conflict prevention
- Participate in research, information gathering and analysis, with a focus on supporting and promoting peacebuilding and conflict prevention.
- Collect and process data and information relevant to the role and activities of the United Nations in Togo and the subregion, with a focus on supporting and promoting peacebuilding, social cohesion, conflict prevention and sustainable development, in line with current programming in this area.
- Support the PDA to undertake political, political economy and / or conflict analyzes, to monitor the situation in the country and to report on issues related to peace and security, including by analyzing local sources.
- Identify entry points and support inclusive and conflict-sensitive approaches in efforts to strengthen national capacities for conflict prevention, particularly with regard to civil society, including women’s networks and youth
- Support the PDA to identify areas of programmatic engagement with national stakeholders on social cohesion, dialogue, conflict prevention and consensus building.
- Support the PDA in organizing and implementing community and national initiatives to build confidence in local development capacities, including by promoting local and national capacity for conflict resolution and dialogue.
- Identify entry points and support inclusive and conflict-sensitive approaches in efforts to strengthen national capacities for conflict prevention, particularly with regard to civil society, including women’s networks and youth.
- Provide technical support for coordination, partnerships and monitoring and evaluation
- Support external coordination of existing partnerships among stakeholders (government, civil society, private sector and international community, including the United Nations system).
- In close collaboration with the PDA and the Joint Program Secretariat, support the monitoring and evaluation function, including the collection, processing and analysis of data as part of the Peace Team’s work plan and development.
- Support knowledge management and sharing of best practices in conflict prevention and peacebuilding.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in political science, sociology, international relations, international economics, law, public administration or social sciences.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the analysis, development and / or prevention of conflicts within a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization
- Experience in research or initiatives related to conflict prevention and peacebuilding at the national and local levels;
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the Togolese context, particularly in dialogue and conflict prevention initiatives.
- Fluency in spoken and written French is essential.
- Fluency in English is an asset.
- Nationality of Togo.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.