Deadline: 20 September 2018
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Peace & Development Advisor in Harare, Zimbabwe. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Peace & Development Advisor will perform the following functions-
- Provide strategic and analytical support to the RC and assist in the RC/UNCT’s relations with regards to peace and development with government officials, academia, civil society, including women’s and youth networks.
- Identify areas of programmatic engagement with national stakeholders, and support to RC/UNCT in the preparation of the UN response to government requests, related to building national capacity for dialogue and conflict prevention.
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships, collaboration and coordination with key national stakeholders, regional and international actors and development partners.
- Provide strategic and technical support to UNCT members with regard to peace and development programming and work to strengthen their capacity to undertake analyses and mainstream conflict sensitivity in regular programming.
- Support an integrated programmatic approach across the UNCT in the context of SDG 16 – Peace Justice and Strong Institutions.
- Conduct training for UN Country Team staff and key national partners on conflict analysis, conflict prevention and/or conflict-sensitive development, ensuring that the gender dimensions are adequately reflected through analyses produced and meaningfully addressed through programmatic efforts.
- Provide analytical and strategic support to UNCT, including in making programmatic linkages with the analysis provided.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree (Master’s Degree) in political science, sociology, international relations, development studies, international economics, law, public administration, or other related social sciences.
- In lieu of an Advanced degree, a Bachelor university degree with additional years of experience.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in design, implementation of Peace, Dialogue and Reconciliation Programmes; conflict analysis, policy advisory, and strategy development, for conflict prevention in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization.
- Extensive experience in peace research, project development and oversight.
- A proven policy, advisory and advocacy experience and track record of engagement with senior levels of government, Peace and Reconciliation Commissions, United Nations, and donors.
- Experience in national and community-level dialogue, conflict prevention and peacebuilding initiatives and programming.
- Sound knowledge of and extensive experience in (country/region), including in dialogue and conflict prevention initiatives, is an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.