Deadline: 31 August 2020
Global Communities is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Manager in Sri Lanka.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Global Communities mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Program Manager will perform the following functions-
- Provide day-to-day assistance to ensure successful implementation of the program and achievement of its goals and objectives.
- Facilitate community engagement training and mentoring to staff and grantees as needed, in close collaboration with Community Participation Specialist (CPS) trainers on staff.
- Advise and assist as needed to develop training materials, job aids and other tools needed to build capacity of staff, grantees, program participants.
- Provide program implementation oversight and support to CPS trainers, other CPS and Regional Managers; ensure quality and consistency of SCORE’s technical approach as it is adapted for implementation in each region.
- Oversee and advise SCORE’s work in South districts. Collaborate with SCORE regional managers and SMT to design and implement cross-region initiatives that promote a common national identity.
- Identify needs and scope for outside technical expertise required to complement SCORE and GC staff capacity.
- Work in collaboration with team of consultants to implement program activities to ensure all technical areas of the program are integrated and delivered at high quality.
- Work closely with DCOP and Regional Managers to ensure smooth program implementation.
- Assist to review and advise on workplans and reports from partners and grantees.
- Coordinate with field level grants and technical team to update on cost share.
- Assist DCOP to develop Concept notes, Budget, and Timeline for direct implementation activities.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Minimum 7 year’s or more of progressively management responsibility in programs or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (Sociology, Development Studies, Conflict Studies, or other).
- At least 3 year’s of community level work experience related to conflict and peace programming using a community driven methodology.
- Experience in working in one or more districts in Sri Lanka’s South region.
- Experience in program management, and oversight, team building in multi-cultural environment, efficient and effective delivery of program milestones.
- Strong track record of facilitating partnerships across governing authorities, community groups and members of the public, and a high level of comfort in engaging high-level government officials.
- Excellent oral and written language skills, including ability to quickly synthesize complex technical and programmatic issues into concise communication, and develop high quality reports. Tri-lingual would be an asset.
- Ability to self-manage, independently prioritize tasks, and confidently develop plans of action with minimal direction.
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to travel within the country, as required.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of conflict issues and peacebuilding.
- Previous experience on a program supported by USAID or other international donor would be a plus.
- Strong time-management skills and professional organizational abilities.
- Knowledge of and experience applying conflict sensitivity approaches.
- Nationality of Sri Lanka.
- Professional-level English, both written and oral.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit Global Communities.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.