Deadline: 29 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Security Manager in Niamey, Niger.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Security Manager will perform the following functions:
- Security Risk Management and Planning
- Advise the Representative in the execution of his/her duties with regards to the safety and security of UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises, and in accordance with UN and UNICEF Security Management Systems.
- Attend as an observer, all SMT/ASMT meetings, assists the UN Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) as appropriate and participates as a member of the security coordination cell established by UNDSS.
- Safety and Security Services
- Monitor the security situation and provides independent and comprehensive analysis with the goal of identifying trends and predicting the specific conditions that would impact on the safety and security of UNICEF personnel and eligible family members, premises, assets and programs.
- Programmatic Security Information Analysis
- Provide analysis to understand regional level dynamics, particularly when addressing issues of terrorism, inter-tribal conflict and population movements.
- Ensure the analysis addresses environmental, socio-economic and political factors that make geographical areas difficult to access and have an impact on the delivery of UNICEF programmes, particularly in areas deemed security compromised.
- Security Networking and Partnership Building
- Establish contact and maintains networks with all UNSMS/NGOs security advisors and relevant local authorities as appropriate.
- Ensure that security collaboration with NGOs working as UNICEF implementing partners is undertaken, in coordination with UNDSS, and using the SLT policies as a framework.
- Innovation, Knowledge Management and Capacity Building
- Introduce technological innovations and approaches to security procedures and systems.
- Institutionalize and shares best practices and knowledge learned.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required Security Risk Management, International Relations, Conflict Analysis, Intelligence Analysis, Diplomatic Studies, Conflict and Security, Counter Terrorism or another relevant technical field.
- University Degree in combination with additional 2 year’s experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university Degree.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience in global security risk management and/or security analysis is required.
- Demonstrate international security management experience and understanding of the United Nations Security Management System are highly desirable.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.