Deadline: 20 September 2021
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Chief, Regional Administrative Services in Lima, Peru.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief, Regional Administrative Services will perform the following functions:
- Assume direct responsibility for budgetary, financial, administrative, security and IT matters in the Regional Office, and have overall responsibility for these areas in other ILO offices and for development cooperation projects in the region.
- Supervise the finance, information technology and administration units.
- Make recommendations to the Director of the Financial Management Department (headquarters), in consultation with regional management on the need to develop new financial or administrative policies and procedures or adjust existing ones in the light of the region’s requirements.
- Monitor and report on the use of budgetary resources allocated to the region.
- Supervise the issuance and review of obligations (encumbrances) as per the requirements under the Financial Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure on a regular basis the validity of encumbrances charged against Regular Budget and Extra-Budgetary resources.
- Oversee the operation of all computer-based applications and hardware in the region, as appropriate, including the provision of support and training thereon.
- Supervise the financial aspects of the preparation and revision of development cooperation budgets for projects in countries covered by the Regional Office.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in business administration, finance or accounting, or first level Degree supplemented by a professional financial qualification is required to be able to manage interrelationships and interactions within the ILO’s financial structure and to ensure that the Organization’s financial management and business conforms to international norms.
- Professional financial management or accounting experience of 15 year’s of which 5 year’s must have been at the international level.
- Excellent command of Spanish and a working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese will be considered as an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.