Deadline: 14 May 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Officer in Lima, Peru.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the Country Office and Health Program actions on Immunization
- Conduct an update the situation analysis on the Immunization Program in Peru and the rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Provide technical assistance to Peruvian government authorities and officials on immunization, participating in boards, technical groups and committees as requested by the supervisor.
- Support to programme development and planning
- Conduct and update the situation analysis for the development, design and management of health related programmes.
- Research and report on development trends (e.g. political social, economic, health) for higher management use to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery of results.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations, and/or to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and decisions.
- Keep record of reports and assessments for easy reference and to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Conduct regular programme field visits and surveys and share information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Report on critical issues, bottlenecks and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with health sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to enhance programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to deliver concrete and sustainable results.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships/alliances, and support fund raising for health programmes.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize, and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practices to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology, or another relevant technical field.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional working experience in immunization, public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience working with or within the public health system and primary care level of a low- or middle-income country is required.
- Professional experience providing technical assistance on immunization or managing immunization programmes is a must.
- Professional experience working with or within the Peruvian Public Health System is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish languages are required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.