Deadline: 20 August 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist in Lima, Peru.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Support and contribute to the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the sector(s) to establish a strategic plan for development, design and management of health related programmes.
- Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Plan and/or collaborate with internal and external partners to establish monitoring benchmarks, performance indicators, and other UNICEF/UN system indicators and measurements to assess and strengthen performance accountability, coherence and delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the assigned sector in health programmes.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Provide technical guidance and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners and other country office partners/donors on the interpretation, application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes, and best practices and approaches on health-related issues to support programe development planning, management, implementation and delivery of results.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with health sector government counterparts, national stakeholders, as well as global partners, allies, donors, and academia.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Apply and introduce innovative approaches and good practices to build the capacity of partners and stakeholders, and to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree) in one of the following fields is required public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology, or another relevant technical field.
- Academic background on discrimination on grounds of race, ethnicity, indigenous populations, caste, sexual orientation or disability is considered as an asset.
- Minimum 5 year’s professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
- Previous relevant work experience in the UN System, or experience in human and children rights is an asset.
- Experience working with minority groups, migrants, refugees, or with indigenous communities is an asset.
- Experience working on issues related to anti-racism and discrimination on grounds of race, ethnicity, indigenous populations, sexual orientation or disability is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish are required.
- Knowledge of a local language of the duty station (as quechua, aimara, and amazonic) is considered as an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.