Deadline: 12 August 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Oversee and monitor the information flow in FOS/DSE, screen, sort, analyze and identify areas requiring action by the supervisor.
- Ensure effective and timely follow up on requests for information, briefings and other actions, emanating from the office of the supervisor, liaising with other units/programme areas, as appropriate.
- Draft general or administrative correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions, finalize correspondence/reports and ensure adherence to WHO style and format, check language and grammatical accuracy and conformity with procedures prior submission for signature/clearance.
- Budget and Finance
- Assist the supervisor in all aspects of project monitoring, financial and technical project management, including monthly reconciliation of funds and follow up any outstanding encumbrances in close coordination with WHE programme area, management and administration;
- Assist in the recruitment of consultants, temporary professional staff and temporary advisers by initiating the relevant administrative formalities. Monitor status and maintain follow-up system.
- Initiate, through Global Management System (GSM) procurement module, procurement requisitions for goods and services such as Consultancies, Agreements for Performance of Work, Technical Services Agreements, and General External Services.
- Make travel arrangements for the supervisor including preparation of travel request in GSM.
- Prepare briefing materials for his/her use on official trips or special meetings and, in the absence of the supervisor, brief or note on matters for which the programme area is responsible.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education or equivalent.
- Relevant higher level Diploma or Degree.
- At least 5 year’s experience in secretarial/administrative support positions.
- Experience in administrative support positions in WHO or other international organizations to have sound knowledge of its rules and regulations, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrate skills and experience in office management support and administration with the ability to draft official correspondences, summary of meetings, documentation and notes for the record, etc. and recommend appropriate actions on administrative matters.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the use of the Global Management System.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.