Deadline: 9 November 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Assistant General Counsel (Institutional and Administrative) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Assistant General Counsel (Institutional and Administrative) will perform the following functions-
- Leadership and Strategic Management
- Provide leadership in planning, implementing, and supervising work plans, as well as monitoring the quality of output and the achievement of OGC’s long-term goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership in professional and operational matters, taking the lead in contributing new or innovative approaches to policy and operational issues.
- Division Operations Management
- Oversee effective day-to-day operations and provide guidance on operational issues and ADB policies.
- Inform and provide recommendations to the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel on significant developments, emerging opportunities and challenges in the institutional and administrative areas of responsibility.
- Facilitate effective coordination and cooperation with other ADB departments and internal stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, and admission as a lawyer in one or more of ADB’s member countries.
- University Degree in Law combined with specialized professional experience in similar organization/s may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- 15 year’s experience, with emphasis on either litigation, public international law and ideally with experience in employment and/or administrative law.
- Experience of working in several countries.
- Ability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- Ability to work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence and to promote a strong culture of honesty, trust and openness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to lead and manage a team of highly skilled professionals and creating / maintaining an environment that encourages responsible information and knowledge sharing.
- Ability to present and defend complex legal arguments and issues with a high degree of competence and confidence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.