Deadline: 10 September 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Assistant (Maternal Child Health and Quality Safety) in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Assistant (Maternal Child Health and Quality Safety) will perform the following functions:
- Screen incoming correspondences, documents and reports and routes to the supervisor with full background material.
- Ensures their distribution and follows up deadlines.
- Draft/prepare non-technical and general correspondences, reports, etc. using word-processing equipment, ensure grammatical accuracy, conformity with procedural accuracy and format.
- Draft/prepare general correspondences not involving policy or technical knowledge on own initiative or from brief instructions.
- Initiate administrative formalities related to budget monitoring and implementation, processing of various contracts and documents, procurement of supplies and equipment request, etc. in the Global Management Systems (GSM).
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising proposals, the drafting of donor agreements and the preparation of financial narrative reports.
- Provide administrative support in the organization and arrangements of formal/informal meetings, consultations, workshops and training courses, including preparation of related files, recruitment of temporary advisers, invitation to country participants, and logistics.
- Coordinate with other administrative units in the organization of the meetings such as Meetings and Courses (MAC), Budget and Finance Unit (BFU), Travel and Transport (TAT) and the Global Service Centre (GSC).
- Open, organize and maintain general and project files with an appropriate system for follow up on responses and deadlines.
- Set up schedule or appointment for supervisors and visitors; prepares briefing folders for the supervisor’s duty travel, field staff and other temporary staff.
Applicants must have:
- Graduation from secondary school with thorough training in secretarial/administrative duties.
- Higher level Diploma or Degree.
- 5 year’s experience in secretarial/administrative posts.
- Experience in WHO or in another international organization.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to prepare correspondences, summary of meetings, documentation and notes for the record.
- Knowledge of Typing, and computer.
- Ability to learn and use different software applications.
- Ability to discern routine from nonroutine.
- Knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.