Deadline: 28 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Analyst in Manila, Philippines.
The Associate Project Analyst will provide administrative and analytical support to the functions of portfolio management and project administration in general.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Project Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Prepare and update individual Project Performance Reports every month for loans/grants outlining all the required details for example, project description/scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, actions taken/proposed and participating in the Departmental PPR meetings when needed.
- Compile data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects for the generation of various reports required by the Department and Management.
- Monitor and analyze the actual awards and disbursements against targets to identify shortfalls and their underlying causes and follows up these matters with the Executing Agencies (EAs).
- Maintain records needed to monitor compliance with project and technical assistance (TA) covenants.
- Follow up on outstanding obligations of EAs such as the submission of financial statements, monthly and/or quarterly progress reports.
- Monitor physical progress in projects/TA implementation, for example, by following up on outstanding obligations of EAs to expedite procurement/contract awards.
- Familiar EAs with ADB guidelines and procedures and ensures their compliance with project covenants.
- Assist in processing disbursements for delegated and non-delegated projects by following up with EAs on timely submission of withdrawal applications.
- Review withdrawal applications for compliance with project agreement.
- Assist in document preparation for processing of loan/grant and TA projects.
- Input data and updates eOps records related to the loan and TA projects under processing.
- Assist in coordinating workload and other administrative support staff concerns.
- Assist in coordinating and supporting staff development requirements of division staff, to help ensure that staff will be able to avail of development opportunities as indicated in the staff development plans.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making.
- Ability to set priorities for self and junior team members.
- Ability to provide guidance to other AS staff on assigned area of work.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location and with colleagues throughout ADB.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and required information technologies.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English and the national language (as required).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.