Deadline: 12 August 2021
World Health Organisations (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Budget Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Budget Officer will perform the following functions:
- Assist in the preparation of regional programme budget for the outcomes and outputs assigned by the supervisor. This includes assistance to BFO in drafting proposed post cost averages for the biennium needed for operational planning.
- Prepare the draft Budget and Finance Office workplan including the statutory entitlements related workplans, outputs and progress reports on the implementation status of the workplans.
- Review and analyze the misalignments and coordinate the resolution of the misalignment issues.
- Review and provide budgetary clearance to project proposals, correspondence and requests, ensuring conformity with relevant financial regulations, policies and procedures or refers for action the financial documents, giving appropriate explanations and advising remedial or alternative action as appropriate.
- Coordinate with FNM, PRP, GSC/HQ on various budgetary and financial issues (clarification/guidance on eManual revisions, policy changes, information circulars etc).
- Review and approve expenditure batches processed by Budget staff and general ledger budget journal adjustments (approved ceiling revisions) in GSM.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in business administration, accountancy, commerce with specialization in budget/accounting, financial management, or a relevant field from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification or licensure in accountancy, such as Certified Public Accountant.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional finance and accounting/budget experience at the national level.
- Experience in WHO, other UN agencies or in a large multinational, international organization or accounting firm.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of accountancy, budget and their application.
- Excellent understanding of accounting practices and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.