Deadline: 30 May 2021
Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Chief of Party in Philippines.
The mission of Chemonics is to promote meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Chief of Party will perform the following functions-
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the activity, ensuring that activities align with the project’s vision and partners achieve the expected results.
- Lead the strategic planning of the project, such as annual work planning; oversee implementation of workplan activities and delivery of annual targets.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters.
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Philippines, Philippine counterparts, local partners, and other program stakeholders serve as liaison between USAID, government counterparts, program stakeholders, implementing partners, private sector entities, and Chemonics program management unit on all program related matters.
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify programmatic assistance to achieve results, ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively, identify issues and risk associated with implementation in a timely manner and guide appropriate adjustments.
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced Degree in education, education policy, or other relevant technical fields required, PhD preferred.
- Minimum 10 year’s technical experience in some or all of the following technical areas higher education, nonformal education, TVET, workforce development, and capacity development.
- Experience leading complex international development programs is required, experience serving as USAID chief of party or other management experience for efforts of similar scope, size, and complexity is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge of capacity development, professional development, systems strengthening, monitoring and evaluation, and collaborating, learning, and adapting.
- Demonstrate experience in coordinating and cooperating with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials, private sector businesses, associations, and civil society organizations.
- Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements is required.
- Familiar with Asia, specifically in the education sector, experience in the Philippines is highly desired.
- Demonstrate leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit Chemonics.