Deadline: 24 June 2021
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Senior Associate in Cotabato, Philippines.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Communications Senior Associate will perform the following functions:
- Support the definition of project communication plans and their implementation.
- Provide support to communications with the media representatives and other stakeholders and partners.
- Support the production of communications material including fast facts, infographics, brochures, newsletters and publications.
- Establish and maintain the project’s calendar of events.
- Maintain archive of projects photos and media coverage.
- Support to organize project events, donors/VIP visits, press conferences and other media opportunities.
- Assist in the development of technical specifications and terms of references for purchase of services and goods needed for the conduct of communications activities.
- Provide communication support for organization of workshops/trainings.
- Participate in the relevant UNOPS’ Communities of Practice and the UN Communications Group in Philippines.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school/high school Diploma is required.
- University Degree or a first University Degree, preferably in Communication, Media, Social Studies, International relations, Visual Arts, Multimedia Arts, Graphic Design, Journalism or in any other relevant area, may substitute required years of work experience.
- Minimum 7 year’s experience (or less depending on academic credentials)in the area of communications, media, campaigns and operations, preferably with an international organization.
- Experience of working in an international NGO, UN agency or other international technical cooperation agency is desired.
- Competent in the use of all commonly used computer software, including G Suite, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel, Adobe Photoshop, and Google Suite, is desirable.
- Experience in graphic design is desired.
- Knowledge of digital analytics is desired.
- Proven capacity to interact with a variety of stakeholders is desirable.
- Fluency in both English and Tagalog is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.