Deadline: 3 February 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Director General in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Director General will perform the following functions-
- Leadership and Management
- Contribute to the success of the Bank’s strategy, the incumbent supports the DG in the following high-level areas.
- Set the standards for the implementation, maintenance, and day-to-day delivery of the Bank’s IT infrastructure, platforms, application systems, devices and services, including emerging technologies and IT resiliency.
- Assess risks, and implements appropriate controls for key IT infrastructure, platforms, and application systems.
- Provide guidance and expertise on technology matters to enable the Bank’s digital solutions.
- Oversee the role of IT security operations; undertakes a leading role on other priority areas at the request of the DG.
- Operation Management
- Ensure IT service excellence in enterprise architecture, delivery, integration and support of its products and services.
- Support the DG in overseeing the preparation and review of IT business plans including reviews of IT costs, costs structures, budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure optimal use of IT resources and agile service delivery.
- Direct the development and implementation of IT policies, technology standards, metrics and best practices to improve IT governance, platforms, products, and services.
- Oversee a proactive program of cybersecurity controls, prevention, and response including audit activities across the Bank’s IT assets.
- Support the DG in adopting a modern, flexible and agile approach in delivering IT platforms and services that are within internationally recognized standards and practices and the Bank’s policies and standards.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- 15 year’s of relevant professional experience with 7 years of leadership responsibilities.
- 5 year’s of international experience in multi-national, global organizations leading large cross-functional teams and enterprise wide IT programs and operations, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments by taking advantage of digital opportunities to innovate business models and enable the digitalization of the business.
- Demonstrated technical and diplomatic skills to liaise and work effectively with Board and senior staff members, as well as external agencies including other multilaterals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.