Deadline: 29 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director in Manila, Philippines.
The Director will lead the planning, implementation and supervision of the division’s vision, goals, strategies and work plan in support of overall ADB goals.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director will perform the following functions-
- Lead, establish and cascade the division’s vision, goals, development strategies and key result areas (KRAs) in support of ADB’s goals, departmental goals and in compliance with ADB policies.
- Lead the planning, implementation and supervision of work plans as well as monitor the quality of output and the achievement of long term goals and annual objectives for the division.
- Lead and identify key priority areas of the division including in regional cooperation.
- Lead and provide leadership in professional and operational matters, taking the lead in contributing new or innovative approaches to policy and operational issues.
- Oversee the quality of support for Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) and updates preparation and the effective functioning of related committees and networks.
- Coordinate with Country Directors (CDs) for implementation of operational strategies.
- Oversee and support the design and processing of regional loan/technical assistance (TA) projects to ensure quality, innovation, results orientation and compliance with ADB’s policies covering governance, resettlement, anti-corruption and other safeguards.
- Lead, monitor, follow up on and undertake, for projects involving high levels of risk, loan/TA approvals, engagement of consultants, procurement, and disbursements.
- Monitor the quality of the assigned loans/TA’s and undertake corrective actions as necessary to maintain quality.
- Lead and actively pursue Central Asia Regional Cooperation program (CAREC) activities in energy, transport and trade facilitation and participate in coordinating committee, senior official and ministerial meetings.
- Lead, identify and anticipate opportunities and problems in sectors and themes and provide advice and information for policy discussions.
- Provide support for relationship management, consultation and coordination with government, development partners, civil society and private sector groups in developing member countries (DMCs) in area of responsibility.
- Provide support for relationship management and coordination with the Board, Senior Management and other departments.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Economics or Finance or related fields.
- University degree in Engineering, Economics or Finance or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- 15 years of relevant professional experience in the sector, project processing and administration.
- Proven management and leadership qualities.
- International experience working in development in several countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.