Deadline: 15 June 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Manila, Philippines.
The Economist will contribute to the development of strategies and approaches to promote regional cooperation and integration (RCI) and support the implementation of ADB’s RCI strategy.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economist will perform the following functions-
- Identify new directions and approaches to improve ADB’s capacity for supporting RCI.
- Contribute to new or innovative approaches to operational issues.
- Support various RCI initiatives and regional policy forums such as the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), ASEAN+3, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), etc.
- Conduct research on regional development issues related to trade, finance and economic integration.
- Contribute to ADB flagship publications on RCI and related topics such as the Asian Economic Integration Report.
- Participate in research dissemination, networking, and capacity building activities with other institutions.
- Liaise with developing member country Governments, regional institutions, and international institutions on regional economic cooperation and integration issues.
- Collaborate with other knowledge and operational departments on RCI-related knowledge and project work.
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
Applicants must have-
- Doctorate degree or equivalent in economics or related fields with specialization in international trade and finance, economic integration, and development economics.
- Master’s degree in Economics, combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Doctorate degree.
- New graduates at post-graduate level or experienced economists.
- 4 years of professional experience including research and teaching experience during graduate school years.
- Experienced economists, proven publications records in economic research to be valued.
- International experience working in several countries.
- Proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.