Deadline: 31 March 2022
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Education Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Education Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Develop and articulate policies and strategies in human development, especially in education and skills development in client countries in close partnerships with government counterparts and concerned stakeholders, division colleagues, staff in other divisions/departments and Resident Missions (RMs).
- Contribute technical expertise in general education, in particular STEM (science technology engineering and mathematics) education and skills development.
- Incorporate emerging and successful models of education and skills sector development including Information and Communication Technology (ICT) use (e.g., massive open online courses, popular ICT platforms), public private partnerships in education, increased private sector participation in education, and partnership with industry in skills development and conditional cash transfer.
- Proactively identify opportunities for ADB support and develop solid and innovative projects and implement projects as necessary, based on in-depth dialogue with clients and concerned stakeholders, and informed by sound sector analysis.
- As a project team leader, attentively administer loans, grants, and TA projects to deliver intended development results, and timely identify and resolve problems.
- Develop, and maintain an appropriate professional network within and outside ADB (e.g., donor coordination meeting) to keep abreast of latest developments in the sector and develop and share his/her own knowledge and experience.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in technology, engineering, social science, finance, education, public policy, or other relevant fields.
- Alternatively, University Degree and at least 5 year’s specialized experience relevant to the position can be considered.
- Minimum 8 year’s relevant professional experience, especially international experience with multilateral bank financed project processing and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and cover letter through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.