Deadline: 3 December 2018
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Energy Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Energy Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide information and analyses towards the development of policy and strategies for the energy sector in DMCs in consultation with relevant government agencies and Resident Missions (RMs).
- Contribute information and analyses to interdepartmental working groups on the energy sector.
- Undertake the development, processing and administration of non- complex loan and TA projects in the energy sector.
- Identify opportunities for ADB assistance projects in the energy sector in DMCs.
- Integrate ADB’s policies and guidelines in the design and implementation of energy sector projects.
- Provide advice to executing agencies on project preparation.
- Participate in and contribute to internal and external training and conferences on the energy sector and other activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related fields.
- University degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s with exposure to transmission lines and power distribution system, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the energy sector preferably in areas of transmission line projects. Strong project administration skills and/or field experiences would be an advantage.
- Good understanding of energy sector issues, both technical and operational.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills to liaise effectively with DMC government officials, staff and management of executing agencies, representatives of civil societies, and other agencies concerned.
- Procurement Accreditation Skills Scheme (PASS) accreditation preferred (nonaccredited applicants may be considered though will be required to complete accreditation within one year of appointment).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in several countries.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.