Deadline: 12 May 2021
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Enterprise Development/Marketing Specialist in Cotabato, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Enterprise Development/Marketing Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Review conducted value chain analyses in Mindanao and identify gaps in the value chain and conduct market studies to ensure that proposed commodities/enterprises will have markets/buyers/takers.
- Review past and on-going programs on agribusiness and enterprise development to benchmark practices and identify approaches to strengthen and enhance private sector participation to scale up identified enterprise models, emerging ones and other potential market-led enterprises appropriate for areas affected by natural and human induced disasters.
- Coordination with implementing partners, take lead in the development of a socio-economic model for durable solutions in transforming conflict-affected communities into productive agro-economic areas incorporating lenses of peace, social cohesion, trust and resiliency in collaboration with relevant government and other partners.
- Collaboration with partner agencies DA-RFO 12, MAFAR-BARMM, develop tools necessary in capturing inputs and information from various stakeholder involved for a more collaborative project planning.
- Assist provincial and municipal LGUs and other key counterparts in the formulation of policies for creating an enabling environment for promoting an inclusive economic growth focusing on enterprise/agri-business, more inclusive and demand-driven value chains and investment in post-conflict situation.
- Assist in the identification of capacity building needs based on the identified gaps in the value chain.
- Assist in the preparation of modules/templates for business continuity plan of targeted community-based organizations.
- Carry out facilitation activities such as market linking or market encounters to ensure that product of project beneficiaries find their way into the mainstream market outlets.
- Organize the participation of community-based organizations, farmer beneficiaries in trade fairs, exhibits and market missions.
- Carry out capacity training in value added products including start up and management of their enterprise.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in agribusiness, agricultural economics, development economics or any other field related to the work of the FAO.
- At least 5 year’s relevant work experience in agricultural enterprise development, agribusiness development, and/or project implementation in an area of FAO’s activities in the country.
- Demonstrate knowledge of integrated farming systems, agricultural systems, value-chain analysis, special economic zone development, etc.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team is of importance as is the ability to take leadership when appropriate.
- Ability to plan and work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- General knowledge and skills in the use of standard office software, such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Familiar with the local rural setting in Central Mindanao and Bangsamoro areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Tagalog.
- Nationality of Philippines.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.