Deadline: 29 October 2021
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Gender and Development Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Gender and Development Officer will perform the following functions-
- Prepare the background and issue papers on gender issues and contributes to the identification and documentation of good practices as well as the preparation of TA reports.
- Consultation with the gender officers in Resident Missions (RMs), reviews and provides technical inputs to integrate gender equality and women’s empowerment design features in project concept papers, Reports and
- Recommendation of the President, TA reports, and other project documents.
- Support sector divisions and RMs in carrying out policy dialogue with governments on relevant gender aspects of ADB operations.
- Monitor, coordinate, and undertake analyses of SERD’s overall performance and trends in mainstreaming gender equality in operations.
- Monitor key policy trends and reforms related to gender in ADB priority sectors and overall emerging areas.
- Guide project gender consultants in identifying and addressing challenges in the project implementation, with a focus on project Gender Action Plans (GAPs) with a view towards tracking, reporting and enhancing on gender equality results of SERD operations.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science, development studies or related fields, preferably with an advanced Degree and training in gender and development.
- At least 8 year’s relevant professional experience in gender and development.
- Experience in project formulation and management related to gender is a strong advantage.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct gender analyses of projects in different sectors, with aptitude for analytical and conceptual thinking is required.
- Working knowledge and good understanding of ADB’s gender policies, guidelines and programs is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural, multidisciplinary environment, and to collaborate effectively within the team, department and across ADB are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.