Deadline: 24 January 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Officer in Manila, Philippines.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support to programme development and planning
- Conduct and update the situation analysis for the development, design and management of health related programmes.
- Programme management, monitoring and delivery of results
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and partners to discuss operational and implementation issues, provide solutions, recommendations, and/or to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and decisions.
- Technical and operational support to programme implementation
- Conduct regular programme field visits and surveys, and share information with partners and stakeholders to assess progress and provide technical support and/or refer to relevant officials for resolution.
- Networking and partnership building
- Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with health sector government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to enhance programme implementation and build capacity of stakeholders to deliver concrete and sustainable results.
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Identify, capture, synthesize, and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in one of the following fields is required public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology, or another relevant technical field.
- Post Graduate Degree in Public Health is an advantage.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness.
- Good written and spoken skills in the language of the humanitarian operation and knowledge of another UN language an asset.
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) and Filipino.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.